Start your day with a great breakfast of quinoa, fruit and nuts. This breakfast recipe is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this organic breakfast is not only healthy and nutritious but also delicious too.
This fruit and nut quinoa breakfast are very easy to make. It’s delicious and full of awesome healthy nutrients. In addition, you can easily adapt it to your health and dietary preferences.
Be adventurous and try something different this morning.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 pinch sea salt
- A handful of blueberries, raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of raw or Manuka honey
Optional: You can add some nuts and seeds on top of the
- Cook Quinoa for 15min and leave it to get ready for another 15min
- Add some natural or flavoured yoghurt
- Add blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc (all or some of them)
- Add honey: depending on a portion, 0.5-1 teaspoon is sufficient
- Add some sunflower seeds, 1-2 crashed brazil nuts, some almonds
- Mix it all and have it warm
Quinoa Nutritional Facts:
Gluten-free seed (not grain)
High in all 8 essential amino acids
Good source of the B vitamins
High in protein: have it will keep you full for longer, hence, assist in weight-loss
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.